E pā ana ki te tira – About the team
We are on a journey to extend our enterprise data capabilities, consolidating data from multiple sources and creating an amazing analytical service to support the ever-increasing needs of our business.
We now need help on this journey and are looking for an ambitious data focussed developer who has an open mind and willingness to learn. You will be expected to work on and research multiple data applications & good data engineering practises, ultimately establishing yourself as a "go to" person for all data engineering questions.
You will work alongside a small team of full stack C# developers and be required to reach across and contribute in the delivery of data applications. Some C# .Net, Java or similar experience is advantageous; an aptitude to learn and contribute here is a must. This could be in the form of but not limited to data API's, data ingestion/extraction (ETL/ELT, streaming data), business orientated tools including reporting.
E pā ana ki te tūranga – About the position
- Complete data modelling and data solution design
- Collaborate on architecture & design across the team on larger projects
- Deliver code changes & releases to production across a variety of applications
- Contribute to the teams data engineering & architecture best practice policies
- Assist BA's to capture user requirements for changes to the data warehouse & data applications
- Manipulating and shaping data to suit new and legacy systems
- Supporting business users in their understanding of the data available and documenting known issues and contributing to resolving them.
E pā ana ki to hītori mahi – About your work history
- Strong T-SQL experience
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse methodologies and techniques (Kimball and Inmon)
- Knowledge of Dimensional Data modelling
- Experience with ETL tools (SSIS at a minimum)
- Ability to communicate and collaborate at all levels
Our business promotes the use of Power BI as a means for accessing the data and so experience with this or similar reporting technologies would be advantageous.
The following would also be desirable, (but not essential):
- Experience with Azure services such as Data factory, Data lake, Databricks, Azure SQL Server
- Experience with Apache Kafka & Streaming data (Apache Flink)
- Experience with other data platforms or NoSql Data platforms (CosmosDb)
- Wider Azure knowledge or skills would also be advantageous
- Financial data modelling
“Ehara taku toa, he takitahi, he toa takitini” - My success should not be bestowed onto me alone, as it was not individual success but success of a collective.
Register your interest
We encourage expressions of interest from a diverse applicant pool, including applicants interested in discussing flexible work options. Reasonable support will be provided to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process.
Please forward your details in strict confidence by clicking 'apply now'.
Click here to view the job description.