E pā ana ki te tira – About the team
The Direct Investments team is responsible for managing the Guardians’ directly held private equity portfolio. The portfolio has interests in sectors spanning timber, technology, financial services, real estate, infrastructure, healthcare and rural land. The team has substantial investments in many leading New Zealand businesses including Kaingaroa Timberlands, NZ Hotel Holdings, Asia Pacific Healthcare Group (Labtests), Fidelity Life, Kiwibank and Datacom, to name a few. The Direct Investments team forms part of the Guardians’ broader Investments business unit, and works closely with the Responsible Investment, Asset Allocation, External Investments & Partnerships, Portfolio Completion, Operational Due Diligence, Legal and Finance teams.
E pā ana ki te tūranga – About the position
You will provide assistance with the investment management function of the existing Direct Investments portfolio. This will involve assisting with the origination and execution of new investment opportunities that are in line with the Guardians’ long term investment strategy.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the active management of the existing Direct Investments portfolio, locally and abroad
- Assisting in the origination, assessment and execution of new investment opportunities
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders within the Direct Investments portfolio’s directly held companies.
E pā ana ki to hītori mahi – About your work history
It is likely that you have commenced your career in a large corporate or professional services organisation. With at least 2-3 years’ post graduate experience, you are now ready to take the step into a rare and exciting direct investments opportunity.
Your core attributes will include:
- A tertiary qualification, with a keen interest in Financial Markets demonstrated through your career to date.
- Experience in conducting analysis, financial modelling and valuations, gained within mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate development or investment banking, or similar relevant experience.
- Good working knowledge of transactions and private capital markets is preferred.
Coupled with that, you will demonstrate a collegial, constructive approach, fostering both internal and external relationships, and the ability to provide strong commercial judgement and perspective, including sound knowledge of the New Zealand private equity market.
This is a unique opportunity within the Guardians’ Direct Investments team, where you will add ongoing value to the existing portfolio and gain exposure to significant transactions across a broad variety of industry sectors.
“Ehara taku toa, he takitahi, he toa takitini” - My success should not be bestowed onto me alone, as it was not individual success but success of a collective.
Register your interest
We encourage expressions of interest from a diverse applicant pool, including applicants interested in discussing flexible work options. Reasonable support will be provided to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process.
Please forward your details in strict confidence by clicking 'apply now'.
Please click here for a copy of the job description