E pā ana ki te tira – About the team
The Data Services team’s primary purpose is to ensure that Guardians team members have confidence and trust in its investment data and investment reporting. This means the Business Unit has a key role in supporting the business to achieve its strategic data objectives. It does this by helping shape the data standards, principles, and data production process support required, to in turn enable efficient and effective investment decision making and risk management.
This team will also play a crucial role in managing the Guardians’ relationships with its data partners and providers, as well as internal data consumers. This requires a data consumer centric focus to ensure that they are supported in obtaining the data they require, with the right quality controls and performance measures.
E pā ana ki te tūranga – About the position
As a Data Services Analyst, you will be tasked with helping shape the data standards, principles, and data production process support required, to in turn enable efficient and effective investment decision making and risk management. With a heavy reliance on external data partners to provide much of the information needed for the internal investment analysts, the Data Services Analyst will be required to apply a data consumer centric focus to ensure that the organisation is supported in obtaining the data they require, with the right quality controls and performance measures.
You will do this by:
- Supporting the organisation to implement and embed effective governance over our investment data quality, our data production processes, and our data accessibility and architecture.
- Supporting the team with the production of reports and dashboards that measure and monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of our data quality and data production processes.
- Contribute to the activities identified to ensure we achieve our wider investment data strategic objectives.
- Assist with the communication and coordination of our external vendors as necessary.
- Assist in the monitoring and communication of our daily data production process and quality control metrics and results.
- Develop and maintain the data quality and data production dashboards and reports.
- Assist with the improvement of the Guardians’ data governance, vendor management, and data services functions to ensure aligned, relevant, and meaningful business outcomes.
- Support the activity of the team to foster knowledge and understanding of data governance across the data user community.
- Help develop, update, and monitor, data governance progress and impact metrics.
E pā ana ki to hītori mahi – About your work history
You will have started your career, with a keen interest to develop a deep understanding of how data is used by business, and how good structure and governance, enables the user experience. You will be early in your career, and looking to develop further in this space.
You will bring experience/ a keen interest in:
- The ability to analyse and investigate data quality and data production issues.
- Experience building dashboards and reports in PowerBI, and utilising the MS 365 suite.
- Experience in data governance, ideally in an investment banking or asset management firm.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Strong verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate autonomously.
- Collegial, constructive approach, including the ability to foster both internal and external relationships.
“Ehara taku toa, he takitahi, he toa takitini” - My success should not be bestowed onto me alone, as it was not individual success but success of a collective.
Register your interest
We encourage expressions of interest from a diverse applicant pool, including applicants interested in discussing flexible work options. Reasonable support will be provided to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process.
Please forward your details in strict confidence by clicking 'apply now' below.
Please click here to view the full job description.