Guardians of NZ Superannuation lawyers ranked best in the business
POSTED ON: 16 November 2022
A strong focus on innovation and technology and a willingness to contribute to the legislative process have seen the Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation’s legal team named Financial Services In-House Team of the Year at the recent New Zealand Law Awards.
Judges remarked on the breadth and complexity of the team’s work and the impressive range of transactions undertaken during the judging period.
Judges also praised the team’s submissions on various proposed law changes, and described it as "a skilful team working in a complex area [that is] of major importance to New Zealand”.
Guardians General Counsel Craig Douglas says the award recognises the broad array of skills and capabilities the Guardians’ legal team possesses.
“Everyone who works with them here knows how good they are and how essential their work is to the continued success of the Super Fund,” says Craig.
“It’s nice to see that recognised more widely.”
The Legal team includes:
- Cristina Billett, General Manager, Corporate Affairs
- Craig Douglas, General Counsel
- Debbie Heath, Senior Legal Counsel
- Sarah Gold, Senior Legal Counsel
- Adrien Hunter, Senior Legal Counsel
- Deborah Denes, Legal Executive
- Rachael Lynch, Contractor
- Jenine Briggs, Contractor
- Katie Franklin, Contractor
- Derek Parker, Board Secretary
- Lucy Twiggs, Personal Assistant to GM, Corporate Affairs